Mar 11, 2010

Litter Bugs never prosper


I went to a local mall (the Curve) with my nephew Armand and took the elevators up to the third floor.  A man in his 20's was standing there and from the corner of my eye I could see that he dropped something.  I politely pointed the the piece of paper and said , ' Excuse me you dropped something'.  He didn't even look down, he said, ' I know, I already reloaded my credit'.  (Prepay credit for your mobile network can be bought in a form of a card and on it you just dial the number and key in the codes written on the card).


So this guy, doesn't need his prepaid card and just drops the trash on the floor.




Totally in disbelief of what an ass he has made hiself to be a proud litter bug...i walked over towards him, picked up the piece of paper and gave it to Armand and in a loud clear voice.

Armand what do we do with rubbish?  We throw it in the garbage. He took the piece of paper.

I told him what a good boy he was and that we always throw rubbing in the garbage.  I continued to tell Armand that The Curve has trash cans everywhere and we can throw it once we reach our floor.  The guy exited on the same floor.  And in front of him Armand gladly threw the piece of paper in the trash can located at the elevator area.


The shmuck just kept on walking with no shame.


I think he might've felt a tad bit small when a kid gladly threw a way his rubbish.  Moral of the story...before one willingly or unwilingly wants to look like an a** infront of younger kids...think twice, just throw away the trash. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Litter bugs always get on my nerves (and unhygienic roommates is worst).

When the perpetrators (colleagues, friends) were approached and reproached, they would make "it's the work of the janitor (or DBKL or municipal)" as their reason -- nanti dia orang takda kerja.

Wow, I wonder who take care of their personal hygiene -- their mom?

Ann Salina said...

Haha! Me loves this post! I must say your handled this situation dengan bijak! Tahniah! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails